Monday, March 17, 2008

Still here

Well, I survived this weekend. Saturday was a national holiday here, and there are always big riots. All the streets were blocked off and police were everywhere in tanks and all. At the same time, everyone is out to all the markets/festivals, etc.

Not us though--we road tripped! We rented a car and hit up three cities along the Danube. The first city was Szentendre, or as the Cowboy pronounces it "Shzitaturd." It really does kind of sound like that. It was a super cute fairy tale town, with small pink and yellow buildings. I then saw a castle with amazing views, to finally end up at Hungary's largest church. It was a great day with great company, but I am even falling asleep as I type about this.

I will tell this boring story too though -- I tried Palinka, the Hungarian drink of choice. Dear God--it makes your mouth and tongue go numb, and throat burn. I loved it and hated it all at the same time! I tried some sherry based Palinka, but apparently there's one that tastes just like tequila. Oh yeah baby--tonight for St. Pat's day fo sho.

No comments: