Friday, May 2, 2008

My first fingernail

Ok so those who know me know that I can't stand nails. I keep my creepily short. And yes, that means I'm 4 and bite them. That's exactly what I've done since I was 4 as a matter of fact. Anyways, I'm too grown up to do that now-whatever that means.

I haven't been sure that my nails will even grow beyond a shadow of whiteness anymore, but lo and behold, I have my first fingernail. It's on my left thumb. So weird--I can't stop obsessing about it. I want to cut it. Now mind you, it's not long enough for anyone to notice that I even have a fingernail, but you can see white people. I'm doing my best to let it grow. And I think I'm even secretly hoping it's the only one that does grow, so I look like a creepy drug dealer.

But I don't know if I can resist cutting this damn thing off. Can I break old habits? I really hope so, b/c there are like 500 others I need to drop. Starting with my taste in men . . . yikes!

No comments: