Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Wrong Stuff--sorry :(

So everyone knows that I flew across the world to see NKOTB. Well, my NKOTB experience did not fail, even though the Live Performance was Ter-rraaa-ble. But quick recap of my once in a lifetime moment. Very quick: It was raining. We had signs. One sign said "I'm recently single and I have the Right Stuff." Genius sign Heather. There were a crap-ton of people there. We couldn't really see them. We heard them rehearse for a glorious hour. It was awesome! I forgot about the song "Tonight." Heard it again-fell in love with it again. I still wanna do Joey.

Ok now onto the Live Performance - before I begin my critiques, I mean thoughts, please note that these boys are definitely now hot grown men.



1. Them in suits--cute. Trying to be all grown up.

2. Boo to the Today Show-way too many audience shots. Terrible. F.

3. Ok-could the sound be any worse? I mean--Jordan is screaming like it's karaoke. Donnie is ridiculously loud. It was A-W-F-U-L. I particularly love it when they start laughing at one point. Seriously.

4. I remember their dance moves being somewhat "elementary." But seriously - a paralyzed person could learn and do these moves in about 3 minutes. Are they that old?

5. Related to comment #2 - I hate the Today Show for cutting to the damn audience during the "old" Right Stuff dance move. We all know that dance. We all still do that dance. Why wouldn't you show it? Die camera man. But--NKOTB--why on God's green earth did you insist on a "new style" Right Stuff dance move. A slight steppy thing front to back. NOOOO. Stick with what works. For reals yo.

6. Jon is definitely retarded. That dude is perhaps the worst dancer of all time. All. Time. He looks confused, sad, and lost. See minute 3:31 for prime example.

7. Does anyone else agree with me that perhaps the song "Please Don't Go Girl" needs to be retired. Or they should bring in a girl to sing it. It's not the same with Joey's man voice. Sorry, I love the song too. BUT--there was somewhat of a redemption when Joey put on the signature hat. So hot!

8. Um. Back-up whore dancers? Since when?

9. Side note--It was totally awesome doing the Hangin' Tough arm swing. Awesome.

10. At 3:09 - when Jordan rips his aviators off - hilarious. See above comment about laughing out loud. Right after this, I think it's Joey who laughs out loud - was he also laughing at the ridiculousness of Jordan?

Ok--I am not even going to start in on Pt. II. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe never. Either way--the performance was shiteous to say the least, yet it was still the greatest thing ever!

I heart you NKOTB! I'm glad you are back!

No comments: