Thursday, May 1, 2008

Things I miss about America, Series 1

1. Ketchup - I miss glorious ketchup bottles placed on just about every restaurant table in America. Here I'm lucky if I can get it, and then they give me a teeny tiny amount, and it makes me sad. On top of that, I miss the taste of American ketchup. Oh sweet sweet ketchup with fries.

2. CVS/Walgreens/Duane Reade - I miss being able to get the little things you need, like hair products, deodorant, floss, all the other millions of gems that one can find in a "convenience" store. I have never understood nor appreciated that term more than ever now. I know why some of the people stink here. They simply cannot easily locate the personal hygiene products they need.

3. Couches - My gigantic, comfty bed in the hotel room is great and all, but I miss being lazy on a damn couch. I honestly don't think I've sat on a couch or laid on a couch since I arrived.

4. The word "douche bag" - I miss calling everyone I know that word or a "d bag." I'm surrounded by work people all day, so it's entirely inappropriate here. But dammit, I miss insulting those I love.

No comments: