Wednesday, June 20, 2007

AC Wrap-up, Part I

Ok little birds, I'm going to wrap-up the AC saga--finally. And I'm doing it highlight style. Hold on tight.

1. The BUFFET--Let me just say that Khang and I were obese. They had crab legs--my favorite! It was awesome. We ate a lot. But what was really funny about the buffet was, and I'm sorry to do this to you Khang, but after we ate - Khang had to buy elastic shorts. I'm laughing hysterically now as I type it. Sure he says it was b/c we had a long-ass drive home, but we know Khang-we know.

2. Sidenote: AC has some nice outlet shopping!

3. After our shopping spree, we took a detour down the wrong road. We're walking along, and then Khang looks up and says, "Amber, we need to get out of this neighborhood." Me: "STAT."

We were in the GHETTO. There were broken beer bottles everywhere. Abandoned buildings. It was not the glitz and glam of AC for sure. As we're trying to get back to the Boardwalk, we walk through this group of guys, who were all in the same outfit. And yes, one had his pants so low, you could actually see half of his bare ass. Super hot. As soon as we get away from them, Khang says, "Was that Boyz II Men? I mean they were all dressed alike." He then busted out in their hit song "Yesterday."

The rest of the trip went down like this:
Khang and I had to take refuge in the nearby, rundown HS. Across the street from the high school was this rundown, littered, fenced-in field.



[Sorry for small photo-but this was taken on my phone.]
Anyways, we wanted to revamp the field to make it a safe place for us. But first, we had to learn AP Math, in order to pass an exam to graduate. We fought such a suggestion b/c afterall, we were just 2 kids from the streets of AC, trying hard to resist the Boyz II Men gang. But thankfully we had a teacher who saw our potential.

No comments: