Monday, June 18, 2007

Yeah I lost $ in AC - $157 in tolls that is

It's about 9:30 p.m., and Khang and I roll out of Cville on a mission to AC. We're rocking out to a mix of awesome 80s and 90s, with a little stand-up comedy thrown in. We're sharing deep dark secrets. Braiding each other's hair-you get the picture.

Then, we realize we're coming up to some tolls. WE HAVE NO CASH! Khang frantically digs thru my wallet. I have $2 in bills and then he counts my change. Thankfully, I have an assload in change. While this story is horribly boring, I have to tell it in order to attempt to create a picture of paranoid Khang. He is death gripping my change for approximately 27 miles. He can't even change the iPod. Then, he obsesses over the fact that he forgot to grab his Easy Pass (or whatever they are called). We saw no fewer than 17 signs for those Easy Passes too--just mocking Khang about how we could have avoided all these tolls and barely even had to brake to do it. Anyways. . .after we pay our first toll of just $2, to which we cheered because we had $2, Khang smells his hands and says . . .

"Coins smell like potatos."

Silly Khang. Anyways, we were able to stop at an ATM and get more money. And thank God we did, b/c from here to AC, there are about 349 toll booths. Seriously--it was ridiculous! This toll system is ass-raping the American motorist.

No comments: