Friday, June 1, 2007

F*ck You Real Cherries!

Just a little observation I had yesterday. Who eats fresh cherries? Really? No one does. Yet most people always prefer cherry flavored (or "red" flavor if you will) foods/drinks. Or you eat cherries soaked in a cherry flavored syrupy substance in pies, on cakes, whatever. If you say you actually buy cherries at the grocery store and eat them in lieu of a banana, apple, or some grapes -- you are a liar! I don't get this - we love cherry flavored crap or even cherry scented crap, yet we constantly pass right over the fresh cherries in the market. Come to think of it--can you even buy them? I have no memory of even seeing a fresh cherry. Awesome.

While I'm on a little kick about fruit as well--F*ck you grapes! You are always so delicious in the beginning, but after a few handfuls, you make me want to vomit and curse the day I ever ate a grape.

5 comments:

klollyh said...

I love real cherries , especially bing cherries. You can buy them during the summer months and they are delicious. Grapes are delicious, too.

Red said...

Do you buy them?

klollyh said...

Yes, I buy them. Usually at Giant Eagle.

Red said...

I have never known you to buy cherries. I trust you more than anyone though, so I know that you do. But you have to admit that most people don't buy them. And you have to admit that after you eat some grapes, you hate them. Like pancakes.

Niki said...

ditto on the grapes. delicious at first, disgusting 10 grapes later.

i had my first fresh cherries the other day - does that mean i popped my fresh cherry?