Thursday, June 7, 2007

I Love America!

So I have stooped to a new low - yes I am watching "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" This show is excellent in the sense - people are motards. The first guy I watched is some CFO and father of 5, b/c apparently the number of children he has should give us an idea of how smart he is. If you ask me - father of 5 = dumb. Alright, he chose the category of "Second Grade Math." Here was his question:

Joe always goes bowling three times a week. How many times does he go bowling in 11 weeks?

Now, he did end up getting the right answer, but not without must stress and second-guessing. His first concern was that Joe might go bowling more than three times a week? WHAT?!?!? This isn't a trick question - he ALWAYS goes bowling three times a week. Then he had to doublecheck his math of 33. FA-nomenal!

It gets better. This genius father of 5 "flunks out" of the game with this question:

This man made object was completed in NY in 1825. It connects the Hudson River to the Great Lakes.

Now the answer is the Erie Canal, which again, he did not get. But it won't surprise you once you hear his response:

"I didn't even know there was a river in New York."

I feel sorry for his children.

1 comment:

klollyh said...

I liked the rocket scientist that didn't know where Mt. Kilimanjaro is or what Great Lake touches Indiana. People are stupid! Even rocket scientists.